OPEN CALL 2019 - ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
CASA DE INDIAS welcomes artists and creators who require a space to develop a process of creation or research. At CASA DE INDIAS we are committed to generating links and connections between creators, thinkers and the public in order to create an artistic, cultural and social ecosystem at El Puerto de Santa María.
A program of support for contemporary creation that seeks to promote the professional development of artists.
The residence consists of a two-month stay (June and July 2019) to develop creative or research processes, open to artists of all nationalities. Two artists will coexist in each residency program..
Accommodation and work space.
The artists will pay for their travel expenses, documentation, health insurance and medical emergencies during the residency.
The creators must show their work in progress to the public and establish direct contact with them during the open studios, which will take place on specific dates during their period of residence..
Casa de Indias Contributions
CASA DE INDIAS will make different spaces available to the creators for their artistic work. These spaces consist of::
- Individual workshop (*)
- Single bedroom with bathroom (double room), work desk and internet connection.
- Access and use of common facilities, kitchen and TV room.
- Possibility of exhibiting their work in the exhibition hall of Casa de Indias and being included in its advertising.
The artist will take care of the organization and expenses of their arrival and maintenance, Casa de Indias puts at your disposal a fully equipped kitchen that will be shared with another resident.
The artist must develop the project for which they were selected within the term of residence that is fixed at 2 months.
The selected artist will be committed to collaborating with the advertising and broadcasting of information that CASA DE INDIAS will develop for the installation of the project .
To submit the application for residency, you must send the following documentation to email@example.com , till January 30, 2019 at 00:00 hours.
- CV o Artistic dossier and a selection of images (low resolution) of your artistic works.
- Written document with the idea of the project to be developed, with details of its conceptualization and execution.